Providing accurate solutions to your fitting requirements.
Davis Machine has specialized in the manufacture of high tolerance, turn heavy and complicated geometry fittings since our founding in 1953. From a simple tight tolerance bushing to multiple compound angles with intricate ID / OD requirements made from difficult to machine material, we have the team and process to deliver.
Our fittings division works the right part on the right equipment. We have a division of multi-function equipment to “drop off” simple to complicated linear parts in a single operation. In addition, we operate precision lathe and mill machines when the part geometry / material / quantity simply demands multiple operations and dedicated fixturing.
An Aerospace Partner, not just a supplier
A Davis fittings customer was hindered by an ageing MRP. In reality multi-national MRP systems are not built for clean EDI into “small business” supply partners. Complications from this system resulted in data exchange failures including (1) lag time from physical shipment to receipt / digital recognition of receipt, (2) automatic system driven line-item movement without supplier notification.
Our in-house apps development team took the challenge head on, creating a tool that allows Davis to address each of these issues:
- Advance notification of shipment to the customer and automated elimination of open orders satisfied or in transit to avoid double shipping or confusion on status of inbound components
- Daily data-warehousing of was-is component demand across over 1,000 PNs by volume and delivery date to ensure continuous update of manufacturing priorities. This keeps Davis aligned with our customer requirements today, not yesterday.
Since the development of that application, the methodologies developed have been shared openly with our customer and several other vendors. What did it mean for Davis? It meant that our customers’ probability of success was improved via increased visibility and communication with many vendors rather than just Davis. We continue to partner with this customer and others to further our ability to have a common data-driven understanding of today’s status and tomorrow’s expectations.
What can our Aerospace Fittings team do for you?
A general description, being very simple about it, of the parts that really excite our fittings division is as follows:
- It can fit in a big shoebox and it is made of metal
- It is lathe heavy with a substantial amount of dimensional requirements
- It has a history of non-conformances from existing supply base
- It does not have tolerances higher (tighter) than +/-.0001 (one ten-thousandth of an inch)
- You are not willing to sacrifice on quality
Certainly we can do items with deviations from the above; however, our preference is to commit to what we can deliver and then prove it. We find that many customers like to have us “prove it” with more difficult components and we expand our relationship from there based on trust and experience.
Products and Services
Click below to learn more …